Woooooo hoooooooo!!!
Today was the last day of my sequential class. This is the class that I have to take with a tutor to stay current with my Physics class back in Tuk-Town (Tukwila, WA). Today I took my final exam, and I think that I did pretty well. This is a great day beacause now I have my last week in Israel without Physics to worry about. Life is swell.
However, It just donned on me that I have a week left until I leave. I am going to be very sad to leave Israel. I love this country very much. My heart is attached to this land, and that bond has only strengthened since I have been here. I hope that I will be back soon. Maybe I'll do a semester or year of college at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
Though I am sad to leave I am also excited fr a number of things. Here is a list:
Graduation
College (I got into the University of Washington)
Helping my brother with his Bar Mitzvah
helping my synagogue continue to grow (awesome things are happening like a new twenties group and a great updated website)
I am excited to get involved in Jewish/Israel groups in college
I want to start studying more Jewish history and reading books about Israel
I am thinking about subscribing to an Israeli newspaper so that I can keep up on current events while I am in the states
And I have a good size list of books to read
I don't plan on letting the great foundation that this program has given me go to waste. I do not want the drive that I have right now to go unused. So I want to find more events and organizations to get involved with.
So those are my feelings right now. I am sad and excited. But mostly I am thankful for the amazing experiences that I have had and the great friendships that I have made. Life is wonderful. Thank you to all those who contributed to my experience whether it was financial support, an email, a farewell before I left, a thought, or a prayer. You are all wonderful.
Shalom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love you Yosh
Post a Comment