Israel is exceedingly awesome (AKA hella metal). I am loving every minute. It is cool to live in a dorm type situation. I have already had so many great experiences. Praying with Chassidic men on the plane, eating shnitzel, always having kosher food, and walking through downtown Hod HaSharon (the city that I am in which is a suburb north of Tel Aviv). Class is really cool. We are starting with the beginning of civilization. We read the Baylonian creation story and compared it to the one in Genesis. Now we are about to go into Abraham and how his life had an affect on the world. On Sunday we might visit Tel Gezer ( an ancient Canaanite city) if it doesn't rain. Otherwise we will reschedule it for another day. Life in Israel is very comfortable.
Lahitraot (goodbye),
Yoshi McLeod
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you study the Enuma Elish with Marduk and all those guys? You are learnign some intense stuff what kind of school is this? I know everyone else knows, but I am so out of the loop. I know you are going to be so busy, but if you find yourself with some free time in Jerusalem, I would like to buy you lunch and hear about your sudies. My number is 052-616-3515.
Des
Sounds like you are off to an amazing start and going to have a fantastic trip. I really am enjoying my use of phenomenal adjectives as of late. It makes conversations a bit more interesting. Well keep having fun and learn an immense amount of things.
OH you are soooooooooo lucky that you get to do all those thing like eating TONS of shnitzel and ALWAYS having kosher food plus when you go to a store you never relaly need to look for a kosher symbol cause you can usully see it right on the front in really BIG letters!
Post a Comment